Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My first blog...

In my opinion without any prior knowledge on the subject, Pop Culture is an intangible item that a certain era’s interest was or is captured by. It is something that helps define a generation or culture, sometimes they are movements or ideas and sometimes they are people or physical objects and styles.
Popular culture at a business standpoint could help companies to cater to the ever changing needs of their target audience. If companies don't shift their focus when the paradigm does they could miss the boat and end up sinking. As far as a pop culture artifact goes, for some reason I keep getting a picture of the Italian Stallions bronze statue standing atop the steps at the Philadelphia Museum of Art used in the Rocky movies. This to me would definitely be a pop culture artifact, just about anyone who has watched movies know exactly the statue I am talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment